Monday, November 16, 2015

Alma 51

(October 26, 2015)
                There is a place for anger, it seems, in the Gospel.  Moroni was exceedingly wroth, Nephi was angry with his brothers (though he regretted it), and Christ overturned the money-changer tables.  God Himself is referred to as being angry from time to time.


                It is one thing to say that we shouldn’t be angry in a selfish manner.  But, by the same token, if we are to become like God we must learn to be angry when He is angry.  I understand the idea that an imperfect anger causes a number of problems, and if our hearts are not in tune with the Lord it is better to be meek (and, frankly, that is where I am right now in my progression).  But I don’t think it is fair to say that anger is by definition wrong.  I don’t think that the scriptures support such a position.

No comments:

Post a Comment