Monday, November 16, 2015

Doctrine and Covenants 68

(October 28, 2015)

                The Lord’s statement here, for us to be of good cheer because He is with us, is profound in its implications.  Having been through a trial or two in my day (in fact, being in the midst of one right now), I have learned that my happiness is directly proportional to my trust in the Lord.  If I trust Him, and believe that He will make everything alright (and any suffering that I have is not wasted, nor is it permanent), I find myself with the capacity to stand up to the challenges of the day.  If, on the other hand, I focus on the unfairness of it all I begin a downward spiral that ultimately results in misery for me.  The situation is the same either way, but remembering the Lord makes all the difference in my happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment