Thursday, July 30, 2015

1 Corinthians 1-2

(July 18, 2015)
                The more I read the scriptures, the more I am convinced that unity is a more important goal, many times, than simply being right.  There is a power that attends a unity of mind and spirit.  If ye are not one ye are not Mine is not idle language. 


                For a long time that bothered me, and I didn’t really understand it (and, so, I downplayed it).  But as I think now I can understand it better.  The Lord is often trying to teach and encourage multiple principles at the same time (while simultaneously discouraging other mistaken ideas).  If unity is of extreme importance, then He would often take steps to encourage that unity even at the cost of mistakes in planning, preparation, or execution of the goals set.  He would bless our unified efforts so that we knew how important such unity was, and would trust He could correct our other problems and mistakes along the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment