Thursday, July 30, 2015

1 Nephi 16

(July 15, 2015)
                I have gone through enough life to understand that the statement the guilty take the truth to be hard is absolutely true.  But the interesting question to me today is why it is true?  What is it about the truth that makes us take it so hard when we are guilty?


                The answer that I came up with is that we always know more of the truth than we are willing to admit to ourselves, and we live in more direct rebellion against God than we are willing to admit to ourselves.  If someone told me that the sky was green, and that didn’t fit my perception of things, then I wouldn’t get angry or take their statement poorly – I would just disagree.  But if someone points out a weakness in me, I will often take that very hard.  Not always, but sometimes.  And I think the times when I take it hard are the times when there is an element of truth to the statement that I am trying to hide from in an effort to not repent.

No comments:

Post a Comment