Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Romans 3-4

(July 10, 2015)
                There was language in these chapters that caught my attention – that not only were none righteous, but none sought after God.  It struck me because, while I know that I am not righteous, I have always felt like I am seeking after God.  Yet here was Paul – an Apostle – stating that none seek after Him.


                What did this mean?  I am not sure, but I think it is a lesson that seeking after the Lord means more than just a desire to be with Him and to form a relationship with the Lord.  Seeking after Him means to genuinely seek out His will in all things, and then to follow it.  By those terms, of course, none truly seek after God.  But we can desire to seek after Him, and allow His Grace to work within us to expand that desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment