Wednesday, July 29, 2015

1 Nephi 4

(July 7, 2015)
                Sometimes I think one of the things that brings me the most insight into the scriptures are those times when I wonder how things would have been different.  I can only presume that Nephi’s decision to go into Jerusalem alone only came about after a considerable amount of bickering between the siblings.  What if, instead of being faithless, Laman and Lemuel had accompanied Nephi?


                The Lord, certainly, would have accomplished His work.  Would the trajectory of their lives have been changed by seeing the intervention of the Lord (rather than only hearing about it)?  Or would it not have made any difference?  I tend to lean towards the former because I think that many times when we make effort to be obedient we are given those things we really stand in need of.

No comments:

Post a Comment