Friday, July 31, 2015

2 Nephi 9

(July 29, 2015)
                I struggle to understand exactly where the dividing line exists between having chosen to accept or reject the Gospel and not having had that opportunity (which is yet another good reason I am glad that I am not in a position of judgment).  Jacob here speaks of the wo that will come to the blind who will not see.  This description struck me because the modification of the blind to be limited to those who would not see (not those who could not see) seemed meaningful to me.  In my life, I have learned that I know more than I think that I know about the truth of the Gospel, but at the same time there are blinds spots in my life that I struggle to deal with.


                With those blind spots, I have had to come to an understanding that I don’t know what I don’t know.  But I am not happy being willfully blind either, and so long as I strive to take the blind spots to the Lord (as I find them) and allow Him to open my eyes, that has seemed to be sufficient.  I expect this is what Jacob is talking about (or, rather, the opposite).

No comments:

Post a Comment