Friday, July 31, 2015

Galatians 1-3

(July 31, 2015)
                I was struck as I read through this chapter about Paul confronting Peter and the significance of that.  I am a firm believer that you follow Priesthood leadership, and at this point Peter was the leader of the Church.  And yet Paul minces no words in his correction of Peter for what he believes that Peter is doing wrong.


                Of course, we understand that Paul is not infallible himself.  Do we see what Paul did as something to emulate, or is that a mistake that Paul has made in confronting Peter in this way?  I tend towards the latter interpretation because the events as Paul described them seem to lend towards contention, and we know that is not the way that the Lord operates.  But I couldn’t begin to be certain about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment