Friday, July 31, 2015

2 Nephi 1

(July 22, 2015)
                I am drawn again and again to the idea of sleep being the condition of Hell.  There have been times in my life when I have not been living as I should, and during those times I tended to not be as aware of my failing or inadequacies as I am now.  It is ironic, to me, that the better I live my life the more aware of my failings I become.

                Likewise, during that time period I was blissfully unaware of certain challenges that I was forced to deal with.  Only after putting my life in order did the full weight of my mistakes come crashing down on me to be sorted through and dealt with.  When I was deep in my sins, I truly was asleep.  It was only when I began striving to follow the Savior that I woke up.

                Elder Maxwell has said that the surest way to know that we are on the strait and narrow path is that it is always uphill.  Likewise, the surest way to know we are enmeshed in the chains of Hell is to be asleep to the awfulness of our condition. physically and spiritually.

No comments:

Post a Comment