Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Romans 8-9

(July 13, 2015)
                Two things struck me in my reading of these chapters.  The first, of course, was Paul’s wonderful language that nothing could separate us from the love of God.  I believe, as C. S. Lewis has described, that in the Final Judgment that it will not be us begging to stay with Christ but rather Christ begging us to stay with Him (and, if we are lost, it will be by our choice).  Of course, I don’t know that this is true, but it seems to make sense to me.  That seems consistent with what Paul is saying here – nothing (not even our own weaknesses) can separate us from God unless we choose to leave Him.


                The second thought was on the fact that not even martyrdom was worthy to be compared with our Glory we will experience hereafter.  If that is the case, and I don’t doubt that it is, what do any of us have to complain about during times of trial and difficulty?  Of course, the reality is that there is nothing we truly have to complain about.

No comments:

Post a Comment