Friday, July 31, 2015

2 Corinthians 12-13

(July 30, 2015)
                There is so much truth to the idea that the glory of God is made manifest in our weaknesses.  For so long I attempted to hide my weaknesses, but by opening myself up to acknowledging them and dealing with them I have become aware of vast power through the Grace of the Atonement that is available to us.


                C. S. Lewis (if I may paraphrase him) stated that Christ could appear in a perfected body yet chosen to appear with scars on His hands and His feet because those wounds demonstrated the Glory of God.  Likewise, Lewis thought that we would be healed so perfectly that our spiritual wounds could be hidden forever yet we might show them because they would demonstrate the Glory of God in the power of the Atonement to heal us.  I don’t know if that is true, but I have seen something similar in my life where an open acknowledgement of my weaknesses serves to demonstrate the Glory of God in its capacity to help me overcome those weaknesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment