Friday, June 26, 2015

3 Nephi 28-30

(June 8, 2015)
                The sacrifice of the Three Nephites is an amazing one for me to contemplate.  When I was younger, I would think to myself that they got the better deal – after all, they would live forever – but as I get older, I can understand more and more what they had to give up in order to serve and bless their fellows.

                Everyone that they loved would have already died long ago.  I  imagine that they get together from time to time, but other close friendships are likely hard to come by.  It is almost certainly a lonely existence that they have chosen for themselves.

                Yet, again, Christ told them that they had chosen the better path.  Sometimes I feel as though, even when I am trying to do the right thing, I remain too focused on myself and my own salvation and not focused enough on the salvation of others.  I could stand to learn a lesson from the Three Nephites, here.

No comments:

Post a Comment