Monday, June 1, 2015

Luke 16-17

(May 27, 2015)
                If there was a particular weakness that I would say that I struggle with, it is the idea that I am somehow a “good” person.  I am getting my life together, but like the Pharisee, I tend to look with pride at how I am trying to live my life.  Reading this today was such a good and needed reminder to me of who I am and who I need to be.

                In my life I have made so many mistakes.  By any reasonable rights, I should have been cast off for my rebelliousness and my unfaithfulness.  Yet, for whatever reason, the Lord did not let go of me during a time when I was doing everything I could is seemed to escape Him.


                No matter what I do for the rest of my life, I will be an unprofitable servant.  That, of course, was always the case but it is even more the case now than before.  When I look at the progress I have made I recognize that this is not something for me to feel pride over as the room for progress was created by my sinful nature in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment