Friday, June 26, 2015

John 14-16

(June 14, 2015)
                The Lord promises something here that so greatly touched my heart and filled me with hope.  He promises that, though we go through pain and trials, the day will come when the trial will be over and the pain forgotten – He promises that there will be joy again.

                I cannot convey the pain that I currently am going through.  Things that I never thought would happen have torn my life and my heart apart.  In the moment, I cannot imagine a time when the pain I currently feel is forgotten and there is joy.  But He has shown His power before in my life enough to know (intellectually, at least) that I can trust His promises in this regard.  I know that, no matter how acute this pain is, He will not let a single tear I cry go to waste.  He will replace my every tear with joy.  Though I feel left alone, I understand that I am never truly alone because the Father is with me.
r us.

No comments:

Post a Comment