Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Ether 14

(Jun 27, 2015)
                Sometimes it is hard to look at the world around us and see how the Lord will ultimately win.  We know that He will, of course (in fact He already has), but it can still be significantly difficult to see how it is to be done.  We are severely outnumbered, and the enemy is willing to do things that we are not willing to do to ensure victory.

                Sometimes I think to myself that nothing short of direct intervention from the Lord can save us, but then I wonder whether that is truly how things are going to be accomplished.  Not that I doubt that He could, just that I wonder if He will.  I think at times that the Lord’s Plan is for us as His disciples to carry out His will and bring about His purposes on the Earth (to the greatest extent that we can).

                Seeing the darkness enveloping the world, I can only see one way that is accomplished – and it is hinted at in this chapter (although it did not ultimately lead to the salvation of the Jaredites).  Evil cannot coordinate the way that it should, although good rarely coordinates as it should.  Evil is, ultimately, self-interested and as it acquires power its unity disintegrates.  Good struggles to acquire unity, but when it does that unity is both powerful and lasting.


                That unity is the hope for the disciples of Christ (and why, I think, He spoke of it so urgently and so often).

No comments:

Post a Comment