Friday, June 26, 2015

Luke 24

(June 3, 2015)
                Sometimes our faith is insufficient for the miracle that we may want or need.  What we see in this chapter seems to me to be a pattern that the Lord follows in those situations where He wants to bless us with something that we are not yet ready to receive.  First, He reached out to others, and set those others on a course to bump up the faith of His Disciples.  After hearing of the Savior, their faith was sufficiently strengthened to allow Him to appear to the Apostles directly.


                When I am in need of help, I am often unprepared to receive the very help that I need.  In those circumstances, I find myself often led to experiences that help my underlying faith (rather than helping me with the issue that I need help with).  When my faith has become strengthened sufficient to receive the blessings the Lord has in store for me – then and only then does the resolution to the problem I had before the Lord come about and I am able to see His Hand revealed.

No comments:

Post a Comment