Monday, June 29, 2015

Acts 9

(June 24, 2015)
                I am convinced that each of us will have at least one moment on the road to Damascus (in my life, I have had many – which either demonstrates the Lord’s love for me, or my weakness in needing multiple such events [or, probably, both]).  There will come a point where the Gospel is made real, made necessary, and at that point we must make a decision.

                Saul understood what he was doing when he chose to become a Christian.  The only thing that mattered to him was the truth, and thus he was able to make the change.  But Paul’s conversion is noteworthy because it is exceptional – not only for its miraculous quality but also Paul’s dramatic change.

                How many others came to understand Christ’s nature, and yet fell away?  How many over the millennia have done the same?  How many receive the word with gladness, only to have it plucked out again by the Adversary?  If we truly want the truth, we will have our moment on the road to Damascus (I truly believe that, and believe it from experience).  It is then our obligation to live according to the truth we learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment