Friday, June 26, 2015

John 7-8

(June 10, 2015)
                I think that we, as mortals, don’t recognize just how deficient we are in the quality of mercy which the Lord shows.  If someone had been taken in adultery and brought before me – even with the forgiveness that the Lord has given me – I would struggle to not judge them in some portion of my soul.  That is a huge weakness in me, especially since it persists even after I have been forgiven of so much from the Lord.


                Still, awareness of weaknesses of this type are also a blessing.  This is one of the greatest blessings of reading the scriptures – when we are forced to look face-to-face with our weaknesses and imperfections, we know that we need to repent and to change.  And, having read this today, I realize that I need to be less-judgmental than I am and more forgiving in order to be more like the Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment