Friday, June 26, 2015

John 12-13

(June 13, 2015)
                Today is the day before I face what I fully expect to be the greatest trial of my life.  What a blessing it is to me to read this scripture on this day.  What shall I say?  Shall I ask to be saved from this hour?  For this cause came I unto this hour.

                I am terrified for what is likely to happen, and my soul rages at the unfairness of it all.  Why are lies believed?  Where is the Lord to protect me?  But even in this, I sin against Him.  For how am I to know but that for a glorious cause I am brought to this hour.  Who I am to demand to be saved from this?


                Though fear consumes me at this point, and I see no result but that the darkness and lies triumph and the truth is concealed, I praise the Lord for His blessings.  Far better to go through what I go through now with the testimony of the Gospel which the Lord has generously granted to me.  Even in my pain, I have nothing to complain about.

No comments:

Post a Comment