Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Alma 55

(April 30, 2015)
                Sometimes the scriptures really stand up and demand attention.  Sometimes it becomes so very obvious that the scriptures are talking about a situation you find yourself in that it is impossible to ignore.  In my current circumstances, this happened to me in this chapter.  I could, by the changing of only minor details, have projected myself into Moroni’s shoes.  The principles I should follow, then, became very apparent.


                Likening the scriptures to our lives can sometimes be a difficult process, and there are the dangers of wresting the scriptures to get them to say what you want them to say.  But sometimes it is very clear what they are saying, and when that happens it is such a blessing because of the increase in strength that those moments provide.

No comments:

Post a Comment