Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Helaman 4

(May 9, 2015)
                I struggle, at times, to know what battles to leave up to the Lord and what battles to take up myself.  In my current situation, I am in a painful and trying time that I know that the Lord could fix with just a word.  And yet He, to my knowledge, has remained silent.  What is my course of action here?

                Litigation is a lot like warfare, and I know how to litigate.  If I move forward in a litigation posture, that really seems to me as though I will be following the arm of flesh.  By so doing, I will become weak, like unto other men.

                By the same token, Moroni knew enough to know the importance of using the skills for battle that he had received.  He thought nothing of using stratagems to achieve a righteous purpose, because he knew that his cause was centered around the truth.

                I admit to being very confused, as I appear to be pulled in two different directions.  And this matter is not incidental – it is the most important matter of my life to this point.  Do I stand back and allow the Lord to fight this battle for me, or is that abdicating my obligation to do my part?  Do I use the skills I have learned to fight this battle myself, or does that amount to trusting in the arm of flesh?


                I don’t have an answer.  I want to do the right thing, but I really don’t know what that is right now.  And, to be fair, my fear over the course of events does not help me hear the Spirit to tell me what I should be doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment