Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Matthew 24

(April 29, 2015)
                There is a great deal in each of us of the evil servant.  If we knew that the Savior was returning tomorrow, would we not behave in dramatically different ways?  Would we not be kinder to our neighbors?  Would we not hurry out to get our home teaching down for the month?  Would we not repent, pray more fervently, and so forth.

                Why, then, are we not doing that now?  I must reluctantly conclude that in my case it is because I say in my heart, my Lord delayeth in His coming.  What a tragedy that is, for the opportunities for service I have lost.  What a statement of my faith that is, and a demonstration of the weaknesses in my heart.


                I hope that I am able to better treat each day as if it were my last and the Lord will come tomorrow – that when He does come (or my days come to an end), the Lord will find me so doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment