Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Luke 8-9

(May 22, 2015)
                One great weakness I have is that while I love and desire to serve God, it seems that I often want to serve Him in the way that I want to serve Him (rather than in the way that He wants me to serve Him).  Contrast this weakness of mine with the man possessed by a legion of devils.  Once freed from this possession, the man wanted to travel with the Savior.  But the Lord had other plans for him, and a different work for him to do.

                This man, rather than traveling with the Christ, stayed where he was and spoke of the miracle that had happened to him.  Thus Christ, who was rejected before, was greeted and listened to later.  This man, having obeyed the Savior, prepared the ground for the message that the Lord had for the people.

                I must always strive to remember that He knows the complete picture and He has a perfect plan.  Whatever He may ask me to do, that I need to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment