Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Luke 6

(May 20, 2015)
                I am in a situation right now where I am being reproached for things that I didn’t do (and, frankly, where I fell I am being persecuted).  This is something that is, in many ways, tearing me up inside as I struggle to know how to respond to the lies that are told and to restrain the bitterness that threatens to swell inside me.

                I struggle to maintain a position where I am not angry at the way things are playing out.  I cannot imagine, at this point, not only not being angry but rejoicing in the trials that I am facing.  But, as I read this chapter, that is really what I need to be doing in my life.  I need to view the things that are happening to me, the lies that are being told about me, and the threatened actions being taken against me as something to rejoice over.


                I am not there yet – not by a long shot.  But I know, with the Lord’s help, I can have my heart changed such that I can ultimately arrive at that point.

No comments:

Post a Comment