Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Mark 11-12

(May 12, 2015)
                Christ’s reaction to the widow’s mite is a lesson for each of us in our lives.  There is the tendency, at least in my own life, to focus on those things that I do well and to think that my purpose is to donate my talents to the Lord wherever possible.  This is true, of course, as far as it goes.  But it isn’t the end of the matter.

                We are to not only give of our strengths (our abundance), but our weaknesses as well.  I’m good at teaching adults, so it is only appropriate that I do what I can in that area for the Church.  I am less skilled at teaching children, but when the Lord calls me to be a Primary Teacher, I should be contributing my widow’s mite there to the best of my ability as well.


                Sometimes I wonder whether we may be more blessed for doing those things for the Church and the Lord that we do poorly than we are blessed for doing those things which we do well – regardless of how circumstances ultimately turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment