Tuesday, September 1, 2015

1 Timothy 2

(August 12, 2015)
                One thing that I really struggle with in my life is maintaining an appropriate level of gratitude for the Lord.  I don’t know if we can ever reach the point where we are as thankful as we should be towards Him (probably not), but it is frustrating when after all that He is done for me there are so many times when I will get discouraged when instead I should be grateful.


                Everything is to be received in thanksgiving.  Not just the good things, but the things that are hurtful or unfair.  All of it is something to be grateful for, for all of it is a gift from our Father for our good.  It is so dreadfully hard to remember that at times, as the pressure mounts and I find myself being deliberately hurt again and again, but it doesn’t make it any less true just because it is difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment