Friday, September 4, 2015

Hebrews 6-7

(August 20, 2015)
                I think that, were I truly honest with myself, I view Exaltation as something akin to a 9-5 job.  I view that from 9-5, five days a week, I will be focused on the blessing of others.  The rest of the time (particularly the Celestial weekends) will be devoted to make Celestial mountains to ski down or watch Celestial football games.

                This is, of course, foolish for a number of reasons.  But the main reason that I want to focus on is that there is no time off in Exaltation.  Christ, we know, ever liveth to make intercession for us.  There is never a moment when Christ is not trying to bless our lives to the fullest extent we will allow him to.  Likewise, if we are blessed to achieve Exaltation, there will never be a minute when we are not trying to bless the lives of others.

                It is understandable why many might not choose Exaltation when the high price of it is considered.  But we have the promise of the Lord that the highest joy we can obtain is found through the Celestial lifestyle devoted completely towards charity for others.  We must allow Grace to change our natures into someone that will receive such a lifestyle with joy and gratitude for the opportunity for an eternity of service to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment