Friday, September 4, 2015

James 4-5; 1 Peter 1

(August 26, 2015)
                There are times when I imagine that I can establish a friendship with the world and still serve the Lord.  I believe that if I just use enough rhetorical skill, or enough tact, or come up with a clever enough argument, then I can stand fast in the truth and the world will grudgingly admit that I am a good person (even if they choose not to follow the same path I am on).


                Once again, this demonstrates my foolishness and naïveté more than anything else.  The more I seek to walk the path of discipleship, the more the world will seek to crush me.  There is no clever argument that can make that go away – Paul was certainly clever enough and in the end he was martyred.  If we truly want to be disciples, the Lord will put us in the position where we are forced to make a choice between that and the love of the world – because making just that sort of choice is necessary to walk the path that He walked.

No comments:

Post a Comment