Monday, September 21, 2015

Doctrine and Covenants 2-3

(September 13, 2015)
                I hadn’t thought much about the statement that God didn’t walk in crooked paths before (other than to think that it meant that God didn’t break moral laws to accomplish His purposes), but as I read it this time I think I gained a better understanding of what it really meant.  I think, based upon the reading today, it means that God doesn’t have (nor need) a backup plan.


                God has a purpose for this world, and every moment of every day everywhere in the universe the relentless progress towards that purpose continues.  There is never a time when God needs to back up and change courses.  God knows the end from the beginning, and all things work together for His perfect Plan.  There is a great comfort that comes from this, in actuality.  There is power in the phrase “God does not walk in crooked paths” that I didn’t recognize at first glance.

No comments:

Post a Comment